Friday, March 26, 2010

Career Fair

On Wednesday, I was able to make the downtown career fair. Compared to the Tempe campus’s career fair, the downtown one is about two to three times smaller. So going into it I did not think it would be useful for me. I ended up getting to the building around 12:30, and the event was packed with people. So I sat down and mapped out who I was going to see, and how the event was set up. I was able to meet with people from the IRS, Social Security Administration, FBI, Target, and the Census Bureau. My biggest success came from the Census Bureau. After meeting with the recruiter, she wanted to set up an interview with me, and we scheduled it for after the fair at 2. I was excited yet nervous because going into the event I was not thinking I would be engaging in interviews.

After the career fair ended, I helped the recruiter from the Census Bureau clean up, and shortly after we sat down outside and began talking. The interview was pretty straight forward with questions like what three characteristics should a leader have. I smiled at this question because for 509 we recently talked about Good to Great for a while. After the interview she was very enthusiastic about me, and she said I was exactly who she was looking for to fill these positions. I left excited at the thought of moving to DC and thought it was a fitting birthday present.

1 comment:

  1. I got there as soon as the doors open and was really glad I did. In no time the place was absolutely packed. I was only interested in speaking with the FBI, and that was marginally helpful, but congrats with your experience with the Census.

    ReplyDelete