Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Financial Programs

So far I have worked for three different accounting/finance departments. Every time I get the run through of their financial programs, everyone always tells me that the program is not perfect, but it is the best there is. Each program I have used, such as QuickBooks, IBM’s AS 400, MBS, and HOST, seem to have their own quirks, but since I do not extensively use these programs, I have not had a problem with any of them. I actually think Quicken Books is an easy and straight forward way to pay off accounts, but at the City of Mesa, I have yet another chance to use another financial program because we are in the works of getting a new financial system. We do not know yet which program they will choose, but my boss has been going to many meetings with clients to see which program will be the best fit for the City of Mesa. Even though I am only a rookie with the old program, I am excited to see how this new program will make my life easier. I just hope the program will not be a black and green screen because even though my computer is brand new, this screen type makes me feel like I am in the 90’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment