Monday, May 10, 2010

If at first you don't succeed, order pizza.



My girlfriend and I love to cook. Every week or so we come up with a few ideas for prospective dinners before heading out to the 24-hour Fry’s to seek out essential ingredients. As a college student, having a 24-hour grocery store nearby has proven exceptionally handy and splitting the grocery bill is very cost effective. Typical standby’s of ours include chicken parmesan, italian sausage with fresh tomatoes, garlic, and basil served over angel hair topped with crumbled feta cheese, and of course, tacos. My girlfriend enjoys experimenting in the kitchen with recipes she finds online. Luckily for me in these hectic last weeks of my final semester in grad school, her enthusiasm with cooking has put food on the table and less stress on me to prepare a decent meal for myself. Tonight we had taquitos and despite the fact the process smoked out my apartment, they were delicious. The secret ingredient was a handful of pepper jack cheese thrown into the chicken mixture that filled the taquitos. Recently, I’ve grown accustomed to the taste of avocados. I’m not exactly sure what initially deterred me from eating them but since dating my girlfriend, who absolutely loves them, I’ve found myself actually enjoying them.

No comments:

Post a Comment