Monday, April 26, 2010

My Passion



Soccer is by far my favorite sport. I currently play in an amateur men’s league in Scottsdale, and I thoroughly enjoy it. When I first joined the league, I felt like my skills were a little more refined, but throughout the seasons, my lack of actively playing has affected my skills. I am not as in shape or as good as I was, but now being in a more relaxed setting, I am enjoying the game more. I just go out and enjoy myself now. I do not take it as personal anymore if we lose or win. I just want to play with a good group of guys. Today we had a game, and we won 8-1. Surprisingly, I even scored too.

Anyway, this summer the World Cup will begin. I am so excited for it. I hope I do not stay up too late every night trying to watch it, but to throw out my vote of who I think will win, I choose Argentina. Messi is too good of a player, and he will shine this year.

On a side note, go Blues (they are in first place)! I know they can beat Man U and win the title. I am sorry if this post might seem a little unstructured, I just wanted to ramble a little bit about soccer because I am super excited for the World Cup coming up.

2 comments:

  1. That's great that you play in a league!
    My dad played for over 40 years and I have fond memories of watching the World Cup at 3 am in the morning with him. Who are you rooting for to win?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Until recently I did not care for soccer. One of my good friends is big into it and has introduced it to me. I enjoy it now and what I am finding really fun about it is how global the sport is. It really is the world's sport.

    ReplyDelete