Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Perfection?

I have seemed to master the art of gathering reimbursement money. During the process, my supervisor was supportive but she let me go and figure out the system myself. When I started this project of gathering information, my supervisor would give me an assignment, but she would only point me in the right direction. I would have to figure out how to complete the assignment myself. Though she said she was there if I needed anything and I know she was, but I would strive not to ask her questions. This may have been stubborn, but it was a very helpful process for me. It seemed I messed up many times but isn’t that what an internship is for. Though I messed up, my supervisor would discuss with me what I did wrong such as deleting a formula on excel. These mistakes have helped me to become very knowledge about excel. So now that I have in relative terms perfected this process, I am curious how fast I can get through the next MAG billing period. Will I be able to blow through it in a week or two or will it be an elongated process like before.

1 comment:

  1. Even though it must have been a little frustrating at times because you weren't given specific guidelines for every step of the process I think it's one of the best ways to learn how to do something. We learn from our mistakes and if we're not allowed to make mistakes how will we ever learn anything??

    ReplyDelete