Monday, April 26, 2010

Leaving Work Early

Last week, I was able to leave early from work. Though I went in earlier, it was a change getting off so early on a Thursday afternoon. I took a half day because I was being inducted into Pi Alpha Alpha. The half day was supposed to be a whole day, but I got my dates mixed up. About three weeks ago, my boss came up to me and told me that she was taking off a future Thursday to volunteer for her daughter’s field trip, and she told me that I had the option of whether or not I would want to come in. I thought about it, and I told that this worked out perfectly because I was just going to ask her if I could take a half day on that Thursday anyway for the SPA lunch. Little did I know that my dates were mixed up. I found this information out about a week later, and I felt awkward that now I would have to tell her about my mistake. I asked her if this date (the correct one) would be fine to do a half day. She was fine with the arrangement.

The SPA lunch was great. With the event being in the middle of the day, I did not think that a lot of people would attend, but there was an awesome turnout. The food was decent, the décor was charming, and it was pleasant seeing Sam Feldman on the slide show. The event was great. I was able to meet with previous classmates and professors. I would like to congratulate everyone who was recognized at the event especially Dr. Heather Campbell -- I hope you have fun in San Diego!

2 comments:

  1. Agreed it was a nice event with a super mix of people and great turnout. Congrats on Pi Alpha Alpha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This year's Pi Alpha Alpha luncheon had a larger turn out than last year. It was great though it was pretty funny that last year Dr. Perry had left early to work on a student's dissertation though no one knew about it.

    ReplyDelete