Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Instructions

I will be leaving my internship May, and I fear the next intern will be as clueless as I was. So I am in the process of writing out instructions (in very fine details let me add) of how to complete this on-going project. This is one of my first experiences in writing a training manual, and I feel I am being a little too specific. I mean, I wrote 3 full pages on just how to pay off accounts on Quick Books. I want to make sure I put in all the little things that come up as questions such as some accounts will have a discounted amount which means the payment is pending but the account is closed. Though this is rare, I want to make sure the next person will know what to do. The only thing I am afraid of is that the instructions I am making will be too overwhelming. I just hope I can make it easier for the next person and make it less demanding on my supervisor so she will not have to waste time on explaining these procedures.

No comments:

Post a Comment